Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bonds that Bind

Ever heard the saying about "birds that flock together ...?"
Yeah well, I had back sessions with two flocks of apparently very different feathers.
How did I get to belong to these groups? Or do I?

Team Building @ Ron's place on Friday - July 9

No team can get me more stuffed and drunk than this team. Each get together seems like one long drinking session rolled into another. Thanks to Ron's cooking skills, we never get starved. "Never drink on an empty stomach", so the drunks always say, otherwise, you either get Hyper, Ulcer or Cancer. Pick your poison. Although I manage this team at work and most are far younger than me, but outside of work, in the real life, they are far more experienced. Just by listening to their antics I either turn red from embarrassment, blanch from dismay or shudder in terror. Man oh man, I'm the newb!!

Counseling Session @ Gerry's Grill on Sunday - July 11


So on to another night with the College guys. Well I'm no authority when it comes to love life, heck I'm no authority when it comes to most anything in life, but when it comes to these guys, I'm the big brother, the confidante, the counselor, I'm it. Crazy, crazy, crazy how I'm the newb at one point and the guru in the other. Well before you start taking me seriously, it was just for fun. Apparently the female species are as foreign to men as they are to us. Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars ... yada yada yada. Well guess what, all of us are on Earth so what's with all these separation?? There's no rigid set of rules to dating, there's not much mystery to it either. I guess it all comes down to 2 questions:
1. Do you like the person?
2. Does the person like you back?
If both answers point to YES, congratulations, you've got a match!
If one answer is NO, either try again later or move on to the next in line!
Tsk.. tsk.. people and all our crazies are really the ones who make this a crazy world.

No comments: