Monday, January 18, 2010

In Memory of Maria Mabulay-Nonweiler

I was supposed to blog about my mom's midlife crisis today and how it's driving my sisters and I crazy but I just read the email sent by our HR about a former CallTek employee who died in a car crash the other day and now the problems I'm facing pales to the grief Maria's family must be experiencing. Maria used to be very bubbly, very energetic, very much alive. Her one true wish was to marry an American and live in the US which she got when she married James Nonweiler about a year or two and ago and migrated to the US. Her facebook updates was full of love and happiness for her new family especially when she gave birth to a son late last year. And then this tragedy struck which ended her fairytale. Here's the link of the tragedy: http://wcco.com/video/?id=73472@wcco.dayport.com
And so now we mourn the loss of Maria. We have been friends at one point and at CallTek we've always been a family and it's painful to think that we won't ever hear of each other again. To the Mabulay family, I'm sorry for your loss. And it was a great loss because she was a great girl. But she has lived a full life. She has achieved her dream, although it was brief, it was more than most people can say in a lifetime.

No comments: