Thursday, April 01, 2010

Maundy Thursday 2010

It's Maundy Thursday once again and I'm compelled to blog. Yesterday was a dramatic uneventful day. It went as slow as all my days have been lately until I got a call from my niece that my Mom got into an accident. First thought that crossed my mind was.."Not again.." The last time my Mom had an accident it lead to a hip fracture which worsened her arthritis. Thankfully this time it was just an inch-deep wound on her arm. Why? Because she climbed a ladder to put up the curtains in her room. Why? Because that's my mom. She refuses to accept that there are certain things in life she is incapable of doing, especially now that she has aged. None of us can talk sense into her -- stubborn as a bull and as moody too! She had the gall to blame us for it while we rushed her to the Perpetual Succour Emergency room because we don't go home right away when she asks us to. Go home to hang curtains?? Are you kidding me? Good thing my brother has a gf that's a doctor and we got Mama fixed right up. Whew, what a long night. Anyway, on top of everything else Andy's leaving in a week. Yup, drama.. drama.. drama..

No comments: